Scallops, roasted bell peppers, garlic and pesto?!? What more can you ask for in an entrée? This tasty delight is quite simple to make and your taste buds will thank you. We’ve made these babies twice now and are pretty much no brainers that will allow you to impress with a colorful presentation as well as great taste. Enjoy the recipe!
Scallop-stuffed Roast Bell Peppers with Pesto
- 4 Squat red bell peppers
- 2 large garlic cloves, cut into thin slivers
- 4 tablespoons of olive oil
- 4 shelled scallops
- 3 tablespoons pesto
- Salt and ground black pepper
- Freshly grated parmesan cheese, to serve
- Salad greens and basil sprigs, to garnish
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Cut the peppers in half lengthwise, through their stalks. Scrape out and discard the cores and seeds. Wash the pepper shells and pat dry with paper towels.
- Put the peppers, cut-side up, in an oiled roasting pan.
- Divide the slivers of garlic equally among them and sprinkle with salt and ground black pepper to taste.
- Then spoon the oil into the peppers and roast for 40 minutes.
- Using a sharp knife carefully cut each of the shelled scallops in half horizontally to make two flat discs. When cooked, remove the peppers from the oven and place a scallop half in each pepper half. Then top with the pesto.
- Return the pan to the oven and roast for 10 more minutes.
- Transfer the peppers to individual serving plates, sprinkle with grated parmesan and garnish each plate with a few salad greens and basil sprigs. Serve warm.
- We had more scallops then we needed so we just stuffed the peppers with 2 scallops instead of one. Be sure the scallops are completely thawed (if using frozen ones) or your peppers will fill up with water as they thaw. Also be sure to not overcook the scallops or they will become tough and rubbery.
- This recipe is from The Cook’s encyclopedia of Appetizers, Starters & Hors D’Oeuvres
Lightly oil casserole dish and set a side
Cut and clean the peppers
Add a sliver of garlic..or two…or three…we like garlic!
Season with salt and freshly ground pepper
Spoon in some olive oil and roast it for 40 minutes
When ready, take them out. (careful…hot!). And place your scallop half in a pepper half.
Spoon in some pesto and put it back in the oven for 10 mins
Garnish the plate so it looks pretty and dig in!
Have you tried out this recipe? Then we’d like to hear from you! Share your thoughts and tips by leaving us a comment! Thanks from TGIAC!