We did this chocolate cake cause we realized we needed a dessert for one of our cookoffs… It looked simple enough so we said what the hey! We made it… tasted it… it passed the test. On the second occasion we made it, we added some home made butterscotch.. came out even tastier. Its not fancy but it does the job!
Chocolate Cake for Dummies
- 125g sugar;
- 125g flour;
- 125 cold water;
- 2 eggs;
- 15g butter;
- 2 teaspoon magic powder;
- 1 teaspoon 5ml baking soda powder;
- 1/2 tablespoon cacao;
- 1 tablespoon of olive oil;
- Preheat oven 350 F;
- Grease a pan with butter add then sprinkle with flour;
- In a mixing bowl, add the sugar, flour, cold water, eggs and the butter. Beat for 10 minutes on high speed;
- Add the magic powder and baking soda. Beat for a few more minutes;
- Prepare the chocolate syrup by mixing the cacao and olive oil;
- Add chocolate syrup to mixing bowl, beat for a few more minutes;
- Pour the batter into the pan;
- Place pan in oven for 40 minutes. Poke the center of the cake with a knife. If the knife comes out clean, the cake is ready!
- We use the butterscotch from our Banana Mousse with Butterscotch Ripple recipe…because we had a ton extra!
Grease pan and sprinkle with flour
Add the sugar, flour, cold water, eggs and the butter…
…beat it for 10 minutes
Add in the baking soda and baking powder. Beat for a few more minutes
Mix the cacao and olive oil until it becomes syrupy. Add it to the mixer
Pour batter into pan and then place in oven. Bake for 40 minutes.
It’s not pretty…but it’s cake!
Have you tried out this recipe? Then we’d like to hear from you! Share your thoughts and tips by leaving us a comment! Thanks from TGIAC!