This banana mousse is a very refreshing way to end a nice meal. We found it very light and very tasty especially if you like bananas.
Its super easy to make and as you can see from our photos… really nice to look at. Give it a go… you won’t be disappointed!
Banana Mousse with Butterscotch Ripple
- 1/2 cup (125ml) light brown sugar;
- 3 tbsp (45ml) unsalted butter;
- 2 1/4 cups (550ml) whipping cream, chilled;
- 4 large ripe bananas, ideally chilled in the freezer for 1-2 hours;
- Squeeze of lemon juice;
- Semisweet chocolate, for grating.
- Put the sugar, butter, and 2/3 cup(150ml) of the cream in a pan over medium heat and stir continuously until the sugar is dissolved and the butter melted. Let bubble for a minute or two, stirring frequently, then remove from the heat and let the sauce cool completely.
- Pour the remaining cream into a blender. Peel and chop the bananas and add to the blender along with a squeeze of lemon juice. Whiz until smooth, thick and creamy.
- Spoon a little sauce around the sides of your serving dish, smudging some of it for an attractive effect. Divide the banana mousse among the serving dishes and top with more butterscotch. Use a small teaspoon to ripple the butterscotch through the mousse. Grate over a little semisweet chocolate and chill untill ready to serve.
- We just used store bought whipping cream…worked well;
- We used huge martini glasses as our “serving dishes”;
- This recipe is from Gordon Ramsay’s Fast Food
Heat the brown sugar, butter and ONLY 2/3 cups of the cream in the sauce pan until it bubbles. “We” accidentally used all of the cream and were forced to reduce our butterscotch to obtain the right consistency. Therefore, do not be alarmed if your butterscotch doesn’t look as creamy as ours. The end product probably looks like yours! P.S. Thanks Adamo!
Peel and chop the frozen bananas
Use the rest of the cream, of which we had none and had to go buy more…mix it with the bananas and a touch of lemon juice in a blender…whiz until moussey.
Swirl the butterscotch in your “serving dish” and then add the mousse.
Top with a swirl of butterscotch and a sprinkle of grated semisweet chocolate.
And voilà! Banana Mousse!
What do you call a Moose with no name? … Anonymoose! – © Copyright : Adamo Tiseo
Have you tried out this recipe? Then we’d like to hear from you! Share your thoughts and tips by leaving us a comment! Thanks from TGIAC!